Evan Rachel Wood Wore A Suit To The Golden Globes To Show Girls You Don't Have To Wear A Dress
1. Evan Rachel Wood — actress, musician, and Certified Badass — wore a fan-fucking-tastic suit to the Golden Globes tonight.
Wood is nominated for Best Actress in a TV Series, Drama, for her work in Westworld.
2. We’ve seen her in several suits already this awards season, each more glorious than the last.
3. And tonight, when asked about the custom-made suit, Wood said she made a conscious choice to not wear a dress this year. “This is my third nomination, I’ve been to the Globes six times, and I’ve worn a dress every time,” she explained. “And I love dresses, I’m not trying to protest dresses. But I wanted to make sure that young girls and women knew that they aren’t a requirement.”
4. “You don’t have to wear one if you don’t want to — just be yourself because your worth is more than that.”
5. Woods described the suit as an homage to Marlene Dietrich, Victor/Victoria, and late icon David Bowie — who would have turned 70 years old today.