Shannen Roan was in her 20s and weighed over 238 lbs. when she got pregnant with her first child. At 26 weeks, she was diagnosed with strep B. Typically, the strep B bacteria is harmless — but since Roan was pregnant, it caused bleeding.
According to BabyCenter.com, “Approximately 10 to 30 percent of pregnant women carry GBS in the vagina or rectum or surrounding area. While GBS is generally harmless in healthy adults, it may cause stillbirth and serious infections in babies.”
At the same time, Roan claims her growing belly became so large that doctors were unable to detect her son’s heartbeat under her fat.
For a terrifying period of time, doctors believed Roan’s son passed away inside the womb.
Meanwhile, her own physical heath was declining.
Roan fell into a coma, durnig which doctors performed a C-section.
That’s when another unbelievable discovery was made…
[H/T: Esra Gurkan for MailOnline]